The church is the only one in Halland built in stepped gable style, a sign of the Danish influence on the church constructions. It is a stone church roughcast with white plaster and the oldest parts are from the 1200’s. The church used to have a high spire but it was destroyed by the fire in 1884 and was then replaced with the current stepped gable tower. Inside, there are traces of medieval paintings. The current interior is very characterized by the restoration of 1925-1926.