Stortorget is the meeting place in Laholm. The main square is surrounded by stores and restaurants and the old town hall (Rådhuset) from the 1700s. In the middle of the square lies the magnificent “Lagafontänen” (The Lagan fountain), created by John Lundqvist in 1933. The artwork was funded by the fisherman Frans Bylander.
The white Town Hall (Rådhuset) was built in 1794. The town’s surgeon and architect Johann Hausknecht designed the manor-like building, which has since been renovated twice: 1905 and 1941–1942.