Osbeck’s beech forest lies on the northern side of Hallandssåsen (the Halland ridge) and is 270 ha. The forests are some of the most valuable deciduous forest areas in the country. The land is watery with babbling brooks, wellsprings and wetland forests. In the southwestern part of the area lies the nowadays deserted village Allgustorp, which was mentioned for the first time in a land registry from 1569. The house foundations remind us of the people who used to live here. Around the village are several cultural remains, for example old fields and cattle paths. There are also ancient remains in the nature reserve, such as bowl hollows and graves from the Bronze Age and the Iron Age.