The church was inaugurated in 1878. In 1850 there was a suggestion to build a church in the Veinge area. The church was built out of stone and the roof was made of tarred shingle. In 1890 a church organ was added. In 1948 the chapel was thoroughly restored. The floor in the church was made of wood but was covered with limestone tile in 1951. In 2011 both the inside and outside of the church was renovated.