On this spot there used to be a medieval church made of stone in Romanesque style. Hishult’s current church was built between 1901-1902 and replaced the previous medieval church. The surrounding graveyard made it impossible to build the church in a conventional way. Therefore, the church is built in a north-south direction, while east-west is the most common. There are some interesting artefacts in the church: a crucifix from the 1400s, retable from 1708 and a baroque pulpit from 1769.