There really is something special about the magical Christmas season. We stroll around cozy Christmas markets, shop for Christmas presents for our loved ones, listen to Christmas music that warms the soul and enjoy well-prepared Christmas food.
Here are our best tips on what you can experience here in Laholm this Christmas:
On the following dates there is a Christmas markets in Laholm:
• Christmas market in Göstorp, 19-20 November
• Christmas market in Hishult, November 26 from 2 p.m
• Christmas market in Knäred, 27 November, 14.00–18.00
• Christmas market in the town of Laholm, November 27, 14.00–18.00
• Christmas market in Knäred, November 27, 14.00–18.00
• Christmas fun in town, December 10, 10.00–14.00
• Christmas market in Skummeslövsstrand, 17 December, 11.00–17.00
• The small Christmas market at Menlösa Gård, 17–18 December at, 11.00–17.00
Laholm’s town center is perfect for strolling around and shopping, and all the shops are just a stone’s throw from the main square (Stortorget). And you will also find many cosy shops outside the town – read more here.
Opening hours for the shopping areas in Laholm’s town:
• “In time for Christmas 2022”
Ränneslöv’s church, 19 November at 15.00
• “Celtic Christmas” – a Christmas concert with West of Eden
Laholm’s theatre, 7 December at 19.00
• “Peter Asplund’s The Christmas Feeling – Halmstad Big Band”
Campus Laholm auditorium, 17 December at 16.00
• “A brilliant Christmas concert”
Ränneslöv’s church, 18 December at 18.00
Something that really lights up life in dark December is the Lucia celebration. Since 1962, a riding Lucia has spread light and joy over Laholm, which means that the tradition celebrates 60 years in 2022! Lucia and her crew will come riding to the main square, Stortorget, on Tuesday, December 13 at 18.00.
What is your favorite dish at Christmas? Here in Laholm you can enjoy both traditional and innovative Swedish Christmas food, and you can choose from restaurants that are either located in the cozy town center, by the sea, next to river Lagan, out in the countryside or by a lush natural area.